As many problems arise here and there from changing times, IoT is challenged to develop and find possible solutions as a response. The field’s growth is being tested to leave remarkable breakthroughs not just in science, but in our daily lives. Through the years, we have indeed seen IoT take on the mission of improving business operations, the agricultural sector, traffic management, energy conservation – among others. However, we believe that the goodness of IoT is not only seen in such huge issues. It can also be seen in, for example, common inconveniences at home, and safety threats in the neighborhood. With that in mind, we ask all RAKstars to share with us how IoT is doing good to solve a certain issue that you directly face. How is IoT helping you better your lifestyle in small ways? How is our brand, RAKwireless, assisting you in achieving the solution you are building?
- The contest is open to all nationalities and owners of RAKwireless products who follow at least one of our three social media accounts: a. @RAKwirelessIoT (Facebook) b. @rak_wireless (Instagram) c. @RAKwireless (Twitter) However, employees of RAKwireless are disqualified to join.
- Interested participants are required to submit a photo of a RAK product or products (which they currently own and legally purchased) to our submission form: https://forms.gle/jko7EZomPRqYZTkM9
- One photo (in .jpg or .png format) is one entry to this contest. However, you can submit as many entries as you want! Just make sure that each photo has at least one RAK product to showcase. Multiple RAK products can also be featured in one photo.
- Form submissions must include one photo entry, personal and contact details, and a 75-100-word caption that answers both of these questions: a. What is the problem that you are addressing with the RAK device? b. What factors led you to choose RAK for your development?
- All entries must not contain profanity, malicious, seditious, obscene, political, and religious comments/content, or statements that are derogatory to RAKwireless, other people and groups. Submissions should also not include photo manipulation - may it be with the use of photo-editing applications like Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and the like.
- We reserve the right to disqualify entries upon violation of the set promotional guidelines. We also reserve the right to use any photographs from the entries for any legitimate purposes, including physical and online commercial advertising.
- The contest starts on June 15th, 2020 with a deadline of submission at 11:59 PM (GMT+8) on July 31st, 2020.
- By the end of the submission period, we will be posting the shortlisted entries on our social media accounts based on their completeness and compliance with the guidelines.
- While the shortlisted entries are posted from August 1st to August 7th, the panel of judges will
deliberate and select winners based on the following criteria for judging:
a. 40% - photographic quality, creativity, and technical execution
b. 40% - visual storytelling and expression of the theme
c. 20% - caption’s insight into the theme
- We will post the announcement of the final top five winners again on all our social media accounts on August 8th, 2020. The decision of the organizers is final, and binding and no correspondence can be entered into.
- The top five winners will receive the following prizes:
a. Top 1 – One RAK product with a price range from $300 to $400
b. Top 2 – One RAK product with a price range from $200 to $299
c. Top 3 – One RAK product with a price range from $100 to $199
d. Top 4 – One RAK product with a price range from $50 to $99
e. Top 5 – One RAK product with a price range from $1 to $49
- As a special citation, the owner of the photo with the most accumulated likes, shares, and retweets (not including quotes on Twitter) in all three social media accounts from August 1st to 7th will be receiving all these prizes: one official RAK screwdriver with one set of bits, and one official merchandise shirt. Please note that all are eligible for this special citation, even the proclaimed top five winners.
- All winners’ identities are subject to verification. We will notify them to verify their entries. Failure to respond to our message three days after the announcement will nullify the winning.
- If the winner is a minor, under 18 years old, s/he must obtain the consent of her parent or legal guardian by signing a waiver which the organizers will send to the minor’s parent or guardian via e-mail.
- All prizes will be shipped to the address provided by the winners soon after the promo ends.
- We reserve the right to amend the mechanics above without giving prior notification or any reasons thereof.